Monday, March 12, 2012

Blue skies, blue ocean, blue shoes - Life is Good!

Sometimes all it takes is a new pair of shoes to put a kick in your step! My sweet new BLUE shoes arrived last week and I put them to good use running 18miles along the ME coastline.

Epic is coming right up and the weather seems to be in full support of us all! Glorious spring days full of sunshine and warm temps have blessed the seacoast. the snow is melting away and the flowers are popping up. There's nothing more motivating than warm weather in March!

As I was running last week I became slightly delirious - maybe it was the bright sunshine, maybe it was my bright blue shoes...anyway I spent a long time thinking about how lucky I am to be able to do these mad and crazy physical endeavours. I'm not the speediest, or the strongest or the skinniest! But I can get out and run 18 miles, or bike 75 and my body supports that. It occured to me that, while I do treat my body in a way that allows me to be physically active, I could have been born into a body that simply wouldn't let me do it.

Trevor Salema didn't do anything wrong, his parents didn't do anything wrong. It was simply a case of bad (bad) luck that Trevor was the kid born with CF. The arbitrary nature of this disease really struck me as I was out there taking what I have for granted.

Sometimes it takes a long run and a wide open sky to let all the little, niggling problems of life subside for a while - so you can really appreciate how good life is.

Stay Epic folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment