Thursday, March 22, 2012

Some Germs, a Heatwave and a Gift from City Hall

It's been a crazy gorgeous week of unprecedented heat and sunshine here in Maine. This kind of weather is normally saved for a few choice days in July (typically tuesdays or thursdays) and is then replaced by either sweltering humidity or snow.

So the whole world (well, my world in maine) has been running, biking and loving life. I've been under the covers shaking, sweating and cursing all germs and their virus cousins. Yup, I managed to get the flu (or the Norovirus) for possibly the best week in March in Maine - ever. I did make it out of the house today to go and buy food - we had made it down to Christmas hamper breadsticks and frozen mystery soup. So i'm on the road to recovery, right about as the temps are on the road back to actual March weather.

So you can imagine I was feeling a little blue (not in the good way) as I watched Matt and Kelly ride away on a gorgeous evening without me. But then I got a little treat in the mail.
Yup, my Boston Marathon official entry!!!!

From the Mayor no less! To be honest this is all abit of a mystery, the last I heard my bib was in major jeopardy because the benevolent donor had not ponied up the CF team bibs. I was offered the chance to join another team, but I feel really committed to Team Trevor and I knew that I wanted to stick with them. I continued training, and promoting Epic and working to make it happen. But the marathon was still a big question mark.

Then an envelope arrived from City Hall in Boston - I'm in!
You've got to love it when the universe says - "hey, you had a crap week? Here, this'll make you feel better".

The countdown is on, the team is getting psyched! We have 30 people already rsvp'd for the Portland to Portsmouth ride/party!! If you haven't yet, you can rsvp on facebook - This is going to be AWESOME!!!

Remember - you can donate any time :)
Pop a check in the mail or contact me, oliviakiwi@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment