Tuesday, May 1, 2012

HOLY EPIC


Wow -wow wow...
DONE!

It's taken me a while to process the whole experience. The phenomenal energy of our support crew, the fortitude of the Epic Team, the craziness of an unexpected 90 degree marathon day! I'm in the throws of writing a long and (extremely interesting!) event report - but it's taking almost as long as the event itself!

So this is a quickie - an interim post to say a huge THANKS to all the folks who supported, donated, rode, cheered and toasted. I was able to raise almost $3000.00  for Team Trevor - Yeeeeeeha!!!!!!

I have some awesome goodies to raffle off to everyone who donated (there's still time, i'm going to do the drawing on Friday!). You could win a Pumpkinman Sprint entry or one of a selection of awesome TYR goodies - a hoody, a pair of goggles, a hat Or a Balance Multisport T.
Donate online to Team Trevor and your name will be entered too!
Thank you all for your generous donations - I so appreciate the way my little community stood up and helped out.

Oikos and Stonyfield are a big supporter of Epicman - check out this great competition and you could be a winner too!!!

And now it's time for my Oscar-like thank you's.

Thank you most of all to my (long suffering) sweetie Matt - he is my rock, mechanic, ferry and bag carrier. From Ironman to Epicman and all things in between - I would still be on the side of the road in Hopkinton without him!!!

Thank you to my lovely girls Amanda and Kelly - who brought me cold medicine,  picked me up (bodily), made me pretty and got me to the party!

Thank you to Trek Portsmouth - for the Bike support (yeah Pete), the party venue, the discounts and most of all for matching my donations on party night!

Thank you to the Epic Team, and the amazing Obey's for getting this early-to-bed-mom to stay up ALL night!!! (And for providing the sugar and caffeine that assisted in that domain!). Check out April's beautiful photograhy in her blog about Epic.

Thank you to Team Trevor - Salema family you are an inspiration to know. We are blessed to have such Epic people in our lives. And FYI - coming home to a bucket of wine and beer on ice is BRILLIANT!!

OK ok the music has started - once I get my Epic report finally finished I will get it out on the interweb!

Cheers folks!
O


No comments:

Post a Comment