Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Blatant Mass Marketing

It's GO time folks - 3 weeks left! Last long run is about to happen (thanks Sybil for the company!!)
The Jedi mind training to keep me up all night is not going as well as planned, but Henry assures me that I just need more faith "There is no try, only do".
And my bike has even made it off the trainer!
The crew is assembling and i'm getting excited!

So.... time for some hard core fundraising! Fork over your cash folks :)
(see below)

If you're lucky enough to be on my email contacts list, or you accidently friended me on facebook, or I met you once at a race and stole your email address - then you will have received this email :)
BUT in case you didn't - here it is again!!!

Wait....
Don't Archive me!!!!

I know your inbox is crammed full of friends and family and friends' cousins' ex-boyfriends teacher's in-law who are running or biking or getting out there doing some awesome thing for a great cause....

 But, please  - just one more!!!

On Sunday April 15th I will start a journey that will bring me 2.5 miles by kayak, 156 miles by bike (overnight) and 26.2 miles by foot to the finish line of the Boston Marathon! Yup - it's EPICMAN time!!!

I'm doing this insane-o adventure with a great group of folks from all over the country who are doing it for all kinds of reasons, but underlying all is the desire to live an Epic life.

My journey is for Team Trevor, Trevor Salema has Cystic Fibrosis and his family is fighting it with everything they've got. The Salema's are local, our kiddos have been in school together since pre-school, and I have had the chance to watch them fight, fundraise and educate tirelessly for CF research. Team Trevor deserves all the help they can get and I am psyched to be on their team!

You know me - I love triathlon, I love Ironman - I might be a wee bit competitive... But Epicman is different. It is an entity in itself, it is triumphant, exciting and encouraging of everyone. And I am so psyched to be part of it.

If you're local - come and join this great event - ride with us from Portland to Portsmouth - it's about 50miles, flat! Big group ride with stops and lots of re-grouping along the way. Or come to the party at Trek Portsmouth - Burritos and Beer! Then send us off into the night as we begin the ride to Hopkinton. Or come and cheer us on the marathon course and join us for the after party!! There's a piece of Epic for everyone.

ANY donations will be HUGELY appreciated! All donations will go to Team Trevor, the MGH CF Team and CF research. If you donate at the Trek party your $$ will be matched by Trek Portsmouth (so free beer and more donation dollars -win!).

AND I have some great prizes - TYR gear, an entry to the 2012 Pumpkinman Sprint and other goodies that I will be raffling off for folks who donate!

You can send a check (made out to Team Trevor) to me at
Olivia Lord
107 Brave Boat Harbor Rd
Kittery Point, ME 03905

Or donate online via Team Trevor http://teamtrevor.org/donate/

That's it, that's all I've got. Check out my Epic Journey on my wee blog.

Always be EPIC!
Olivia

PS - I know this is a crass and mass post for money - But please do NOT feel bad if you can't donate :)

My own personal Jedi...

No comments:

Post a Comment